Deliverance from sincere errors
Ps. 19:12-13 - Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults. Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.
In as much as God is poised to fulfil our heart desires for us this month, we need to realize that certain things we must guard against in order not to forfeit those fulfilments. One of those is sincere mistakes or sincere errors.
Sincere errors are what David declared to be innocent hidden faults in Ps. 19:12. They are sins committed out of ignorance; they are accidents that occur as a result of blind spots in our journey through life. They are unintentional but grievous in consequences nonetheless.
Sincere errors are not the same as willful /presumptuous sin but that does not at times reduces its effect upon a life.
To truly understand sincere errors versus willful sins, let us look at 2 Samuel 6:1-15
- David heart’s desire was to bring the Ark back into Israel and establish it in the city of David
- He made great preparations for bringing it in but omitted certain details due to ignorance (the Ark was to be carried by Levites and not placed on the cart as David did. That was great mistake on his part). David did not do his due diligence and failed as a result
- The question is where were the Levites who should have known better; they were nowhere to be found
- David abandoned the plan although it was temporary; that setback in your life is only temporary, your hope shall not be permanently dashed
- What was a disaster unto David became a blessing to the house of Obededom
- By the time David heard of what God did for the house of Obededom, he had a change of heart
- He went back again to get the Ark but this time it was done right and he succeeded
Thank you my heavenly father because you are a God of unlimited chances
Prov. 28:13-Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. I need mercy from you Lord that is why I am confessing my sins and errors, please forgive me for Christ’s sake.
James 3:2- For we all stumble in many ways. Heavenly Father uphold me by your righteousness so that I will not stumble unto destruction and calamity
2 Sam. 6:8 David became angry and grieved and offended because of the Lord’s outburst against Uzzah, O Lord deliver me from every incident and accident that will make me become bitter towards you
O Lord, please remove every unfortunate incident on the road to the fulfilment of my heart desires
Father by your mercy, my expectation of joy and celebration this month, this year shall not be cut short
God of great mercy, whatever is meant for evil for me and my family by anyone or by any power, turn it around for my good
Father use me and my family as instrument of proclamation of your goodness and your greatness in the powerful name of James
Isaiah 30:20- Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, he will still be with you to teach you. You will see your teacher with your own eyes. Holy Spirit you are my teacher of righteousness, please teach and lead me in the path of truth, holiness and glory in the mighty name of Jesus
David learnt from his previous errors and was kept innocent of great transgression; Holy Spirit please give me a teachable spirit; don’t let me become hardened to errors and sins
Prov. 24:16-For the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity. Father wherever I have fallen, reinstate me by your grace in the name of Jesus
Heavenly father in any way that I may have missed it, please give me a come back miracle
After much sorrow and sadness, David fulfilled his heart’s desire with much joy and celebration; Say Father let sorrow be turned to joy for me and my family. Replace sorrow with joy; mourning with dancing and complain with testimony in my life and in my home
Come what may this month, my desires shall be fulfilled and my joy shall know no limits in Jesus name.
Thank God for anwered prayers in Jesus name.